Table of contents
Who we are
When this Policy Applies?
This Policy applies to you and anyone who uses our Products or Services under your account. You are responsible for ensuring that all users associated with your account are aware of and accept this Policy.
How we collect your information
You give it to us
When you make a purchase, create an account, or contact with us in any other way.
When you use, or your device utilizes, our Products or Services, we obtain it automatically. For example, we gather information such as call and text records, as well as the online browsing information described in this Policy, using network technologies.
It comes from the outside
Credit reports, marketing mailing lists, commercially available geographic and demographic data, as well as other publicly available information, such as public posts on social networking sites, are all possible sources.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
We may also collect information about you through our trusted third-party sources to assist us in providing product and service offerings to you.
How we use your information
We use your information, as well as data collected during the testing and operation of our network, to power our services and improve your experiences. This information is used to provide, support, improve, protect, analyze, and charge for our products, services, and network; to interact with you about your service and products to promote our services; to identify and avoid fraud; to advertise; and for research.
Examples of how we use your data are given below
- Procuring our Products & Services.
- To communicate with you.
- To send communications to you, either from Tone Communications LLC. directly or from our partners, including for marketing, newsletters, promotions, customer satisfaction surveys purposes and other communications related to our business.
- In emergency situations or scenarios involving immediate threat of death or significant physical injury, notifying, replying, or supplying information (including location information) to a relevant governmental agency.
- Notifying the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of any information we learn about child pornography while providing our services.
- Your experience and our products and services are protected.
- In this context, customer service, network security, validating or authenticating identity, detecting and preventing fraud are included.
- Helping us plan, install, upgrade, protect, and defend our network infrastructure, property, and legal rights.
- Providing location support.
- Understanding the Products, Services, and Offers that you and other Tone Communications LLC. customers may enjoy the most. Text, email, and phone calls are not used for marketing purposes.
How we share your information
Unless you give us permission, we will not sell or share your Personal Information with other parties for marketing reasons. We may use and share your Personal Information as follows:
- Worldwide affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents as required.
- Examples include parcel delivery, credit card processing, export compliance, and customer service.
- They need client information to do their work, but they can’t use it for anything else.
- Local or regional resellers and/or distributors, especially if you or your firm have previously purchased through a third party. These businesses and people frequently serve Tone Communications clients. They need client information to do their work, which includes marketing Tone Communications’ products, but they can’t use it for anything else.
- To comply with a court order or other legal procedure, such as requests from public or government agencies or law enforcement, or to defend against legal claims.
- In connection with a sale, merger, transfer, or other reorganization of our business.
- Don’t submit Personal Information into your account profile on our website or place orders for our products and services if you don’t want us to share your information as mentioned below.
- We maintain the right to completely use and share aggregated information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, and similar reasons.
Credit Card Policy
Tone Communications LLC. will only collect and use credit card transaction information for business purposes. Depending on the conditions, these corporate goals may change. We protect your privacy and are dedicated to securing it.
Protecting Your Credit Card Information
The payment card information you provide to Tone Communications. will be handled with utmost privacy. Our employees have access to this information only when there is a legitimate business purpose to do so, such as when a credit card refund is required. To protect your information, we establish physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, and our employees are expected to adhere to these privacy standards.
Disclosure of Your Credit Card Information
Tone Communications. does not reveal credit card information (such as credit card numbers and expiration dates) about its customers or past customers to anybody, except as required by law,. We only provide information when it is essential for the College, State, or Federal government to perform business, or where disclosure is mandated by law. Credit card numbers may also be shared for auditing purposes, with regulatory bodies, or for other administrative needs.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
The News Observers Business and Tech News does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We do not knowingly collect, utilize or disclose personal information from children under the age of 18 and ask that they do not submit personal information to the Website or Tone Communications representative.
Policy Change, Effective Date
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date listed above. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. We will post any changes to our Policy on this page if we decide to make them. When you visit the Website, you are agreeing to the most recent version of this Policy as it appears on the Website at the time. We recommend that users review this Policy on a regular basis to stay up to date on any changes.
Communicating With You
By using our Website and products and services or otherwise providing Personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Website, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
How You Can Contact Us
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions you might have regarding the information practices described in this Policy. You can call us at 1 800 515 8182 or email at: [email protected]