Affordable Connectivity Program Eligibility | EBB Program
People with low income are only eligible for the qualifying Affordable connectivity program. A household is eligible for an Affordable connectivity program if the household income is less than 200% as per the Federal Poverty Guideline or an if a member of the household meets the following criteria –
- If any member of your family qualifies for the Lifeline program(a program that provides discounts on the telephone, broadband, and voice packages) are eligible for ACP. Through the Lifeline program, a discount of $9 a month and $34 a month for tribal areas will be given.
- If any member of your family participates in Federal Public Housing Assistance, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Supplemental security income, and women, child, and infants special supplemental nutrition program you can be eligible for ACP.
- Participated in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, tribal TANF, and food distribution programs on Indian reservations.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for participating providers in existing low-income internet programs or
- If the household income is less than 200%, what does this mean?
|No.of People in HouseHold||Poverty Guideline|
For each additional person after eight, you can add $9080 to the final amount listed. The numbers are high for Alaska and Hawaii residents.
If any criteria above-mentioned have been met, the qualifier will be able to enjoy a one-time discount of $100 on a desktop computer, tablet, or laptop.
An eligible household can Skip the line?
What is skipping the line? Skip the line means if you are a part of the Lifeline program, you can directly contact your internet service provider to enroll for ACP. This means you don’t have to feel in the form at the ACP site. You just need to follow up with the ISP and make sure it has been elected by FCC for this program.
Keep Your Paperwork Ready
If by any chance you’re unable to skip the step, be prepared to keep all the important documents ready to apply for ACP. You will need proof of income, including either a tax return, pay stub, social security statement of benefits, or proof of program participation.
You directly qualify if you meet the following 4 criteria –
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- The National School Breakfast Program or the School Lunch Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
- Tribal People: Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program i.e., your income should be 200% less than the Federal Poverty line;
Affordable Connectivity Providers:
A number of telecom networks in the USA have been authorized to operate and run this service. Among the known providers includes –
- Assurance Wireless
- Airtalk Wireless
- Boomerang Wireless
- QLink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Century Link
- Frontier Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Access Wireless
- American Assistance
- Blue Jay Wireless
- Feelsafe Wireless
- Safetynet Wireless
- Standup Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Terracom Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Choice Wireless
- Starry Internet
- Xcess Telecom
Any mobile network can apply for inclusion in this program.
ACP Statewise List:
Here is the list of State-wise service providers –
|State||Free Phone Service Providers|
|Alabama||T-Mobile, Access, CSpire, PineBelt Communications, Southern Linc, Twire|
|Alaska||Copper Valley Telecom, GCI, Cordova Telecom Cooperative, TelAlaska|
|Arizona||Access, Blue Jay, enTouch, Terracom, CellularOne, Choice Wireless|
|Arkansas||Access, Assist, Easy Wireless, True Wireless, Standup Wireless, Budget Mobile, Cintex, enTouch, Life Wireless, Standup, Tag Mobile, True Wireless, Wireless for Hope|
|Colorado||Access, Blue Jay Wireless, Choice Wireless, enTouch, Terracom, Viaero Wireless|
|Georgia||Southern Linc, Life Wireless, SafeNet Wireless, T-Mobile|
|Hawaii||Sandwich Isles Communications Inc, T-Mobile|
|Idaho||Inland Cellular, T-Mobile, Assurance|
|Illinois||Access, American assistance, IV Cellular, Platinum Tell Wireless, Life Wireless, Assurance|
|Kentucky||Access, American Assistance, Blue Jay Wireless, Budget Mobile, Easy Wireless, Feelsafe Wireless, SafetyNet, Tag Mobile, TruConnect, New Phone Wireless, T-Mobile,|
|Louisiana||Standup Wireless, Access Wireless, Budget Mobile, enTouch Wireless, Life Wireless, Tag Mobile, T-Mobile, Wireless for Hope|
|MaryLand||True Wireless, Assurance|
|Mississippi||Cspire, Southern Linc|
|Missouri||NorthWest Missouri Cellular|
|Nevada||Choice Wireless, Assurance|
|New Mexico||Choice Wireless|
|North Dakota||Red Rock Telecom|
|Oklahoma||Pine Cellular, Panhandle Telecommunications Systems|
|South Dakota||Red Rock Telecom, Assurance|
|Texas||Panhandle Telecommunications Systems, West Central Wireless|
|Washington||Inland Cellular, Assurance|
ACP Free Phone:
The primary objective of these ACP phone companies is to provide free phone service to eligible customers and also offer free phones if customers don’t have one.
ACP Free Tablet:
Through EBB or the ACP program, you can a free tablet as well. There are many operators/sellers which are providing free tablets and here they are –
- QLink Wireless ACP: QLink is a nationwide ACP provider that operates in many states of the USA including Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Louisana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Missouri, Ohio, Okhlama, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin. You will get a free tablet from QLink with a charge of $10.01 a month including a free monthly service plan with unlimited text, talk, and data. To enroll visit Tone ACP and enter your zip to check eligibility. Learn how to get QLink free tablet
- Sky network: Check out eligibility criteria for Sky tablet
- Standup Wireless Free Tablet: Standup Wireless is a network provider registered with the US government to offer ACP service in all states of the USA. You can visit stand up wireless to know more.
For this, we have compiled a full article on how to get ACP Free tablet from the government.
Which Tablets are Available under Affordable Connectivity Program ACP Free Tablet:
When you apply for ACP free tablet, your provider will let you know whether you are eligible to receive it or not. If eligible they will intimate you about it and ship the available device with them to you within a few days. However, they will not let you know which device you will get and you have no choice but to choose which one you want. The device brand and model are based on several factors like the state where you live, eligibility criteria, & availability of the product. Nevertheless, all free tablet ACP providers offer tablets with the latest features like WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth, and SIM card slot (in some models).
Under the ACP free tablet offer, you will get one of the following devices –
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- LG G Pad 5
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Sky Tablet
- Older Apple iPad model
ACP Program Laptop Offer:
Under the ACP scheme, you will get a discount of $100 when you purchase a laptop or personal desktop, or computer. Learn more about qualifications under the Affordable Connectivity Program Laptop offer.
ACP Program Phone Number:
You can call any of the network providers in your state as mentioned in the chart/tablet above and call them. For a phone number, you are just a Google search away.