The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government program that provides benefits and discounts on internet service for low-income households. The ACP offers a monthly discount of up to $30 on internet service, and it also provides a one-time discount of up to $100 on a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
Benefits of the ACP
The ACP offers a number of benefits for low-income households, including:
- A monthly discount of up to $30 on internet service: This can help households save money on their internet bill and make it more affordable to stay connected. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- A one-time discount of up to $100 on a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer: This can help households purchase a device that they can use to access the internet.
- Access to high-speed internet: The ACP can help households connect to high-speed internet, which is essential for school, work, healthcare, and other important activities.
- Peace of mind: The ACP can help households feel confident that they will be able to afford internet service, even if their income changes.
How to Apply for the ACP
You can apply for the ACP online or by calling the ACP hotline at 1-855-846-8339.
The application process is simple and easy. You will need to provide some basic information, such as your income and household size.
Who Can Get the ACP?
To be eligible for the ACP, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Receive certain government assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or SSI.
- Be a member of a household that has received a COVID-19-related economic hardship subsidy.
If you don’t meet the income limits for the ACP, you may still be eligible for a discount on internet service through another program, such as the Lifeline program.
The ACP is a great way to save money on internet service if you are a low-income household. If you are eligible for the ACP, you can get a monthly discount of up to $30 on your internet bill and a one-time discount of up to $100 on a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
Here are some additional tips for getting an ACP discount:
- Make sure that you have all of the required documentation, such as your income verification and household size information.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your eligibility for the program.
- If you have any questions, contact the ACP website or your internet provider for assistance.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.